Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Romantic-Religion-Respect

Think for yourself. 
Letting others think for you will devalue your voice and inhibit your mind(which is like any other muscle that needs to be worked). I hope that I will create a atmosphere at home that encourages free thought, and even if I disagree with religious choices I will help you celebrate your beliefs. Yet, I'm pretty sure(depending on if I marry a religious zealot.) I will not raise a child to be bias in the field of religion.
When I grew up, I was raised Christian, by no real fault of my parents. Not that it was a bad thing, it was just I took everything as a fact because I was so young. I made remarks about how Jesus was everywhere, and in my mind I saw holographic images of Jesus that people stepped on and didn't notice. I'm glad I was raised like that, because I knew after awhile that it didn't make sense with my ethics and ideas. So, I strongly suggest thinking for yourself. Even today there are tons of kids that invest time in mindless tasks that they don't really care for, because other kids do it. Do what makes sense to you, and the friends you may make are the ones that last.

Also, with think for yourself, be yourself.
When you think for yourself, and realize what you like, want, need, feel, dream, hope... it is easier to know who you are. Act like yourself! Life is too short to not be yourself, and on top of that once you get caught in being someone else it's hard to quit.

Also, you can change. You can change yourself. Change you habits and your actions, and the way you think. Little steps make a big difference and affect the big picture.

A lesson that took me too long to learn was to respect yourself. I've noticed a pattern of doing things that inconvinece my feelings and my plans. I kept breaking down. It took me awhile of nailing it into my head that I'm hurting myself and my loved ones; which neither one deserve that kind of pain. Love yourself. Be confident. Don't let yourself fall behind because of this.

Smile :]

No comments:

Post a Comment